Premier's Direct Hire Division is seeking a Sales Support/Customer Service candidate that will be responsible for order entry, logistics, invoicing and customer support and communication for our client's foodservice customers. This position is to work closely with outside sales (Regional Sales Managers and Brokers) as we support and grow our customer’s business, and serve as the liaison with importing, warehousing, production for the foodservice team. The overall goal for this position is to develop and manage strong relationships with the buyers at our foodservice distributors.
- Receive processes and execute customer orders and audits for accuracy and completeness. Most customer orders come in via EDI requiring strong technology skills
- Process customer invoices; validate pricing, terms, accessorial charges, etc.
- Ensure prompt dispatch of invoices to customer to allow payment within terms.
- Coordinate transportation on delivered shipments, using approved carriers.
- Act as primary contact with customers on any operations-related issue, including order problems and delivery or stock availability issues
- Ensure accurate new customer set-up with Accounting
- Audit and process supplier invoices, including freight and commodity bills; liaises with supplier when clarification or changes are needed
- Inform sales and logistics management of any non-routine issues that could adversely affect customer service
- Handle domestic consumer complaints and feedback promptly; alerts management to any issues that require their involvement
- Support sales and accounting with management of aging, customer deductions and general trade spend
- Proactively monitor foodservice items by warehouse, inventory vs movement, trends. Identify and raise potential inventory issues
- Work closely with importing and production to ensure high service levels
- Opportunity analysis - model to review cost, freight, margin
- Bid pricing – work with sales and VP, Foodservice to analyze and complete bids and RFPs.
- Manage the price exception process (deviation requests)
- Support the forecast process
- Update forecast model monthly
- Trend analysis
- New customer set up
- Broker set up and tracking
- Headquarter Accounts – manage accurate alignment of customers who are members of Hdqt Accounts – UniPro, Sysco, PFG, US Foods, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with the sales team and with customers
- Customer-centric – customers are the only reason we are here
- Passion and teamwork
- Dependability and ethics
- Ability to manage many conflicting priorities
- Efficiency, productivity, time management
- Order entry, invoicing
- Customer orientation
- Business Acumen
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Understanding of foodservice distributors
- High level of Proficiency in MS Office Suite – especially strong in Excel
- "Business to Business” Customer Service experience (ideally Foodservice)